Education Perfect has developed original NAPLAN Numeracy practice material to help in both identifying and remedying each student's individual strengths and weaknesses.
For information on Education Perfect's Literacy preparation material, see Using Education Perfect to prepare for the NAPLAN Literacy tests.
Our NAPLAN Numeracy module contains three folders of activities for Year 7 and 9:
- NAPLAN Resources: Smart Lessons which teach the skills tested by NAPLAN, such as Linear Patterns and Rules. These activities contain a combination of information slides to teach the skills, and questions to test students' understanding.
- NAPLAN Practice: Smart Lessons containing a bank of sample questions which students can use to practice the skills.
- NAPLAN Style Tests: Assessments created by the Education Perfect team in the style of NAPLAN tests, which when completed will give you a breakdown of each student's abilities, and recommend remedial tasks from the NAPLAN Resources folder.
There are currently calculator and non-calculator tests available in the NAPLAN style tests folder. Tests using the 2017 format of the numeracy test will be available on Education Perfect at the start of Term 2.
Preparing for the NAPLAN Assessments
Set a diagnostic test
To help prepare your students for the NAPLAN assessments, we recommend this workflow:
- Set a diagnostic test from the NAPLAN Style Tests folder (for more information, see How do I set a pre-built assessment?)
- Have your students sit the test. You can monitor their progress and ensure they stay focused during the test by using Education Perfect's monitored assessment mode (for more information, see How do I monitor my assessment?)
- Once the test is complete, it will be automatically marked for you. Use the analysis provided to get an indication of your class' skill level, then assign our automatically generated recommendations to give each student a differentiated course of work targeted at their needs. For more information on doing this, see How do I assign remedial tasks to students after an assessment?
Create a quick test
In addition to setting a pre-built diagnostic test from the NAPLAN Style Tests folder, you can also create a quick test from any of the learning material in Education Perfect. This allows you to select the specific content you want to include in the test.
For example, you could assign a quick test based on just the Algebra Practice and Number Practice lists in the NAPLAN Practice folder, or based on any of the Education Perfect learning material tied to the Australian Curriculum/NSW Syllabus. For more information, see How do I create and assign a Quick Test?
Assign a task for in-class work or homework
If you already know the areas your students need support in, you can skip running the diagnostic tests and immediately choose tasks to assign to your students, including being able to create a differentiated learning plan for each student.
You can assign any of the Education Perfect-created NAPLAN content, or any of the Education Perfect learning material tied to the Australian Curriculum/NSW Syllabus. For more information, see How do I assign a task?